Great White Snark: Deck the halls.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Deck the halls.

Last weekend, I went with a friend from work to the Winter Park Festival of Trees. It's something they do annually. Various companies and organizations decorate Christmas trees and donate them to the Orlando Museum of Art, where they're put on display. Then, at the end, the trees are auctioned off and the proceeds go to charity. It's a really nice thing, and it's so visually dazzling that I had to share (a TON of) the pics I took. It put me in the holiday spirit, and that is a no small feat.

The theme this year was Fairytale Christmas. 


One of my favorites was the Beauty and the Beast themed tree.


I couldn't get a good picture of this whole tree, but it was jam-packed with all kinds of birds!
Barbie. Of course.



I was also fond of the Celtic tree.

They had a rainbow cuppycake tree!

For Beth. ♥  


Disney donated a tree in honor of the new Fantasyland. It was almost entirely Beauty and the Beast! LOVE.

BOOKS.
A tree full of doggie treats!


Yep. That's a cardboard manatee ornament.


Puff the Magic Dragon.


I'm pretty sure this table was supposed to have a Snow White theme.
I love the apples, and I ADORE the idea of hand mirrors as coasters!



I loved this "Under the Sea" tree! 




Pink unicorn tree might've been my favorite.


I would just like to point out that there is a walrus AND a pirate in this tree. =D


It was a nice idea, but this tree is just creepy.




 To my delight, Alice in Wonderland was a pretty popular theme.


My favorite detail is the felt caterpillar lurking on the right.





 This was my favorite Alice tree. They had an absolutely delightful set-up with lots of neat little details.




LOVE the flamingo/hedgehog croquet!

LOVE.

They also had a section of INCREDIBLE gingerbread houses! They're too pretty to eat!

The 3 Little Pigs! Too cute!

Just look at that freaking adorable candy snail!

A very artsy "fairy dwelling" gingerbread.

Hansel and Gretel. PERFECT for a gingerbread house!

Henceforth, I think all Nativity scenes should be made from adorable marshmallow snowmen.
Had to have some wreaths, too...

Bird nest!
I really liked the sea-themed decorations! It's not something you typically associate with Christmas, but in Florida, it works.
Deck ALL the halls!


And, of course, no Winter Park event would be complete with a GIFT SHOP.

These were adorable little banners. They'd be cute in a place-setting or as part of gift-wrap, I guess.

EPICALLY AWESOME sweet shop!


They had a display there from Lydia and Pugs, who makes adorable dog-themed gifts, but I was thrilled to see the cute pug things! Aww!


Some beautiful soaps...taking note of the packaging!!

Glitter disco-deer?
 And I'm still not entirely sure what the point of this whole little mock room set-up was, but it combined stripes and plaid, so I kind of loved it.


 Doesn't it just look so cozy? WANT.



Anyway, I hope that ENORMOUS picspam gives you some inspiration for your holiday decorating. Or if nothing else, gives you something kind of pretty and seasonal to look at (also hope it didn't crash your browser! Whoops...). =]


No comments:

Post a Comment